It may sound like a past disease, but Tuberculosis, or TB, is still real today. Tuberculosis is a potentially severe infectious bacterial disease that mainly affects the lungs. Tuberculosis is caused by bacteria (Mycobacterium tuberculosis). TB is spread from person to person through the air, or people with lung TB cough, sneeze or spit, they propel the TB germs into the air. TB symptoms usually include a cough (sometimes blood-tinged ), weight loss, night sweat, fever, and fatigue in the whole body, chest pain, and shortness of breath. But the fact is tuberculosis is curable and can be preventable.
Method 1 of 3
Avoid Contracting TB
Avoid exposing yourself with active TB: The most crucial precaution you have to take to prevent TB is to avoid being around people with active TB, especially if you have already tested positive for latent TB.
• Don’t spend an extended period with an active TB infected person.
• If you are force to be around TB patient, you will need to take a protective measure such as wearing a face mask, avoid breathing in TB bacteria.
Know if you are “at-risk”: Certain groups of people are considering more at risk of developing TB. If you are one of these, then protect yourself from TB exposure. Some of the main at risk are :
• The person whose immune system is weaken, especially those with HIV infection.
• People who live with or care for someone with active TB patients, such as doctors/Nurse. One who abuse drugs, alcohol, and smoke have little or no access to proper healthcare.
Lead a Healthy Lifestyle: Poor health means a weak immune system, which is more susceptible to TB or their disease resistance is lower. So it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle.
• Eat a healthy balanced diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meat, egg, whole grains, fish, Nuts, sugary, and processed food.
• Maintain good and personal hygiene and try to spend as much time outdoors in the fresh air. Avoid smoking, drugs, and cut down alcohol consumption.
• Do Meditation to reduce Stress, yoga, and some cardiovascular exercises into your workout, such as running, swimming, cycling. Get enough sleep of 7-8 hours a night.
Get BCG Vaccine to prevent tuberculosis: Bacilli Calmette – Guerin (BCG) is use in many countries to prevent TB. The BCG vaccine is safe, inexpensive, readily available. It is normally given to the children as it has shown a good protection against TB.
Method 2 of 3
Diagnose and treat tuberculosis
Go for a TB test if you have been exposed to someone with TB: If you are recently exposure to someone with active TB and if there is a chance to you might have controlled the disease, to ensure this, you should take a health care provider and consult a doctor. Blood tests and skin tests are performed to know the result.
• A blood test only requires a single doctor to visit. TB blood test also called an Interferon Gamma Release Array or IGRA, is a way to find out you have TB germs in your body.
• The skin test or Tuberculin skin test requires injecting a small amount of protein into the arm’s lower part.
Begin Immediate Treatment for Latent TB: You should take immediate treatment if you tested positive for latent TB. Although you don’t feel sick with latent TB and it isn’t contagious. You should consult your doctor and get a prescription of antibiotics course to kill the inactive TB germs.
Start Immediate Treatment for active TB: If you have tested positive for active TB, it is essential to start treatment.
• Active TB is highly treatable with a combination of antibiotics medication, which is quite long, for 6 -12 months.
• The most common medication is Isoniazid, rifampin, ethambutol, pyrazinamide, or combining these medicines to treat active TB.
Method 3 of 3
Avoid to Spread Tuberculosis
Stay at Home: If you are a TB patient, You will need to stay at home for several weeks from the office to avoid passing a disease onto others.
• Avoid spending or sleeping for a long time with other people.
• Ventilate yourself, an open window to exhale infections air from the body and inhale the fresh air.
Wear a Mask: If it is compulsory to be in public, you must cover your mouth and nose from a surgical mask to prevent disease spread or lessen the risk of passing the bacteria to someone else.
Take the proper course of medication: finish your prescription properly of your doctor prescribed; this will failing a disease to mutate. It will help you and the people around you.
to know more about healing thyroid disease naturally, click here…