The human being has an immune system that defends and fights various diseases and microbes. A weak immune system increases the chances of bacterial, fungal, or other microbial infections such as flu, cold, and other life-threatening diseases. Stress, unhealthy lifestyle, lack of sufficient nutrition in the diet, old age, surgeries, certain medications, some medical condition such as cancer, AIDS, inflammatory bowel disease, low white blood cell count leads to weakening the immune system. But, the fact is you can naturally increase your immunity through Ayurveda or natural herbs at home to fight illness. Ayurvedic medicine also doesn’t cause any side effects.
There are some herbs by which you can increase your immunity.
1. Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha)/Indian ginseng
Ashwagandha is one of the most famous herbal plants. It is one of the most valuable plants in the Indian traditional medicine system, that is Ayurveda, It is mostly cultivated in India. It is a combination of the Sanskrit word ‘ashwa’ means horse and ‘gandha’ means smell, which means ‘smell like a horse’ because of its powerful benefits.
- Ashwagandha possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anxiolytic, memory enhancing, adaptogen, antivenom, antitumor, antibiotic property, and sexual health.
- Adding Ashwagandha to your lifestyle can boost mental health and fight mental issues like depression or stress. As it restricts the production of the stress hormone ‘cortisol’ and also control anxiety.
- You can purchase an Ashwagandha powder from an Ayurvedic store. Then, add one spoon powder in lukewarm milk and mix well and drink once every day.
- Ashwagandha supplements can promote an increase in natural killer cell activity and help fight infections.
2. Tinospora Cordifolia (Giloy)/Amrita/Guduchi
It is one of the most curative herbs used in Ayurvedic medicine. Giloy can fight against almost all kinds of viral infections, dengue, fever, cough, and cold. Giloy is an amazing immunity booster, as it contains antibiotic, antidiabetic, antimalarial, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritis, antipyretic properties, and many essential minerals.
- Consuming giloy regularly in the right quantity can make your immune system healthy. In a pandemic situation, people are using giloy as an immune booster.
- You can purchase giloy from nursery and use it to make its kadha or decoction from its leaves and drink once every day up to 6 months to boost your immunity.
- You can also buy a Giloy powder. Take one spoon giloy powder and mix it well in warm water. Drink it once every day.
- The stem of Giloy is the best part to increase immunity. You can make kadhai from its branch.
3. Curcumin (Turmeric).
In Ayurveda, turmeric use for many medicinal purposes. Turmeric has many medicinal properties as it contains antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory properties. It is also loaded with many healthy nutrients such as protein, niacin, dietary fiber, vitamin c, vitamin E, vitamin k, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Therefore, turmeric also uses as a potent immunity booster, as it strengthens the immune system.
- Turmeric contains a substance known as lipopolysaccharide, which helps to stimulate the body’s immune system.
- You can take turmeric powder and mixes in a glass of warm milk, and add ginger in a small quantity. This helps to cure cough and cold flu. Drink it once every day.
- It helps improve digestion, regulate menstruation, relieve arthritis, and strengthen the body’s overall energy.
- In Ayurveda, turmeric is also used to balance three doshas, I.e., Vata, Pitta, Kapha.
4. Holy Basil (Tulsi)
Tulsi is considered one of the best herbs for medicinal purposes as it contains a lot of antibiotics, micronutrients, anti-inflammatory properties, Tulsi leaves has multiple health benefits, including increasing immunity and protecting from diseases such as cold, viral infections, damage caused by free radicals, asthma, and wounds to heal faster. Tulsi also uses as an ingredient for many medicines.
- You can take natural tulsi leaves regularly. Its supplements are also available.
- You can also make Basil tea by boiling water with some of its leaves and add some ginger and turmeric powder into it to make it more effective.
5. Citrus limon (Lemon)
In Ayurveda, lemon is also called Nimbuka and Jambira. Lemon contains vitamin-c as a rich source, which is essential for a healthy immune system. Lemon has a sour and tangy flavor. It also has Vitamin A, calcium, iron, flavonoids, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, quercetin.
- Lemon has multiple health benefits, including boost immunity, hydrate your body, improve digestion, lose weight, cure thirst, nausea, and tiredness.
- It also has antibacterial and anthelmintic properties that can destroy intestinal worms and bacteria.
- You should take lemon water or lemon juice for a better health perspective.
- A combo of lemon juice, honey, and salt is good for curing hiccups.
to know more about increasing immunity, click here…
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings