Health does not merely mean the absence of disease or physical fitness. It could be defined as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being. By deciding to lead a healthy life, you choose to assume command over your habits and actions.
A balanced diet, personal hygiene, regular exercise is essential to maintaining good health, and yoga to achieve physical and mental health. Enlist your friend and doctor to help you to stay on track. These factors help to make you healthier.
1. Eat nutritious food to lead a healthy life
❖ Eat food: Eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy products, protein, healthy fats. If you have a medical condition, you may need to be more careful about what you eat.
Eat at least three meals a day with healthy snacks in between.
o Pay attention to your portion size and serving sizes of different food to ensure you’re not overeating. It is unhealthy to overeat, even if it is healthy foods.
o Emphasizes dark, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, oranges, low-fat milk, and milk products in your regular diet as these foods are loaded with essential vitamins, minerals, and fibers. Include lean meats, fish, nuts, beans, egg, poultry, and fermented foods like yogurt in your diet.
o Avoid processed food and fast food. Eat food made from fresh and straightforward ingredients whenever you can.
o Get in the habit of eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re full.
o If you think about food all the time, if you eat when you’re not hungry or if you avoid eating at all, then you might have an eating disorder. Consult your physician.
❖ Drink plenty of fluids: Drink water, some juices, milk, and other juices throughout the day for adequate hydration.
• Drink at least two liters or about eight glasses of water and other juices to make sure you’re well-hydrated. Eating juicy vegetables and fruits will also hydrate you.
• Avoid soda and artificially sweetened drinks. Sugar is terrible for your metabolism, teeth, and immune system.
2. Exercise regularly
❖ Do exercises regularly: Exercise every day will boost your mood, your energy, and your health. Regular exercise strengthens your heart and improves circulation. Regular exercises can protect you from heart diseases such as cholesterol, coronary artery disease, and heart attack and lower blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
• You don’t have to join a gym to exercise. You can walk, which is simple, yet powerful. It can help you stay trim, improve cholesterol levels, and lower your risk for many diseases.
• You can go on run, swim, or join a dance troupe.
• Do yoga, breathing exercises, which may reduce your stress and keep you physically and mentally fit.
❖ Get plenty of sleep: To maintain your immune resistance, your weight, your mental health, keep a regular sleep
schedule. Go for a 7-8 hours uninterrupted sleep a night. Sleep is essential to keep your body healthy and relax.
❖ Reduce Stress: Taking time off to work and other stressors that is essential to your health.
• Engage in hobbies; walk in nature will make you feel relax.
• Hang out with friends, spend some time with your loved ones. Do yoga and meditation, it will help to manage stress.
• Take quick naps and short breaks during the working day. Listening to music is also helps to relax your mind.
• Take many vacations and weekend trips in which you focus on relaxing.
3. Getting into Healthy Habits to lead a healthy life
❖ Cook at Home: Cooking at home is healthier and cheaper than eating food. Preparing home-cooked meals is one of the simplest ways to improve your health.
• Get a cookbook that teaches technique and help you to cook a meal.
• If your time is limited during the week, try cooking a lot of food at once at the weekends. Stews, grain salads, roasts keep well in the fridge.
❖ Brush and Floss: Brush twice a day and floss daily. Dental hygiene affects your health as well as your gums and teeth.
• Consider mouthwash containing fluoride.
• Schedule regular dental cleaning and exams. If you have gum bleeding, misaligned teeth, or sensitivity, you should immediately see a doctor.
4. Get protection from harmful effects
❖ Wear Sunscreen: Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF-30 when you go outside. Apply it 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply every 2 hours. Sunscreen protects you from cancer and helps your skin age more slowly.
❖ Limit exposure to Toxins: Avoid chemicals contain products. Like smoking and taking, alcohol is not suitable for health.
• Mop, don’t sweep. Dust is full of toxins. You can use a vacuum, mop the floor, or use a wet rag to wipe down surfaces.
• Don’t use pesticides or spray. Keep these chemicals out of your home. You can avoid bugs by keeping your house clean.
• Check the air quality forecast if you want to move outdoor.
❖ Socialize yourself: Having a healthy social network is suitable for your longevity, your mental stability, your recovery from the illness you contract.
• Interacting with others lightens your mood, and feeling of depression may decrease.
• Meet with your friends and keep in touch with your family. Involve in the organizations or religious congregation.
• Get to know your neighbors and have a friendly chat, that can make you happy.
• Consider moving in with your partner. Romantic companionship is one of the most significant factors in health and happiness.
5. Getting help from a doctor
❖ Seeing your doctor regularly: Get your annual check-up, and go in whenever you think something might wrong. Doctors are there to educate you and diagnose you, so going into the doctor is never a waste of time.
❖ Look out for signs and symptoms: Screen yourself for any disease or condition you might be prone too. Suppose you’re experiencing pain or discomfort or notice your skin or any other part changing in a way that cannot be attributed to ordinary change. In that case, you should immediately see a doctor.
• If you are eating, drinking, or using drugs to cope, you may benefit from professional help. Contact a professional even you are thinking about using a substance to help with your emotions.
• Consider seeing a therapist if you worry, feel sad, feel helpless, or have trouble doing ordinary life activities.
to know more about leading a heart-healthy lifestyle, click here…