Anxiety can be experienced occasionally or as a persistent condition that can interfere with your life. It can be expected in stressful situations like before a big event such as speaking in public, before the examination. People experience intense, excessive, and persistent worry. In some situations, fast heartbeat, sweating, feeling tired, negative, and disturbing thoughts may also occur.
You can deal with anxiety by changes in lifestyle, dieting, meditation, exercise. If you notice yourself experiencing anxiety for an extended period, it’s essential to talk to a psychiatrist about your experiences.
Method 1 of 3
Add mood-enhancing food into your diet: keeping yourself healthy with a balanced diet can go a long way toward stabilizing your mood.
• Avoid caffeine, alcohol, soda, processed food, fried foods, gluten, artificial, and refined sugars. These foods have adverse mental health.
• Eat more green leafy vegetables like spinach and fruits rich in antioxidants like blueberries, kiwifruit, oranges, citrus fruits—this helps lower the hormone levels responsible for stress. Add turmeric in your food, which has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that may help anxiety symptoms. You may also get some dark chocolates in moderation.
• Add yogurt to your diet because it has probiotics, which may positively affect brain health and anxiety level. Add egg, dairy products, meat, salmon, bananas, oats, chia seeds, nuts, almonds, and green tea. Eat food high in mineral like magnesium such as whole grains, seaweed.
Take time for exercise and yoga: Regular exercise helps treat anxiety disorder. It improves the feeling of well-being both while you’re exercising and for hours afterward. Regular exercise helps you to feel good and maintain your health.
• Cardiovascular exercises such as weight training, muscle-building exercises, running. All these exercises serve the purpose of reducing stress.
• Do breathing exercises that help to feel stress-free.
• Consider yoga, the soothing atmosphere of yoga, and the chance to be quiet and internally-focused for an hour. Yoga helps reduce stress.
• Walking is the best way if you feel anxious thinking about the gym or doing exercises. Walking every day will help to calm your mood.
• Do meditation.
Connect with Nature: Walk, ride in nature gives peaceful and positive energy. Head out in the park along with your friends or family member to help your mind to relax.
Do something you love: Take out at least 10 minutes in your busy day for your hobbies or pastime, which brings you peace. It may be reading, playing a sport, playing or listening to music, or making art, dancing. It will help to remove anxiety from your mind immediately.
• Make a conscious decision to avoid thinking about your stressors for a while when doing your favorite things.
Get plenty of sleep: Insufficient sleep can cause you anxious and worried thoughts to worsen. It’s worse for an individual who suffers from anxiety.
• Make sure that you’re getting 7-9 hours of enough sleep every night.
• Avoid using your phones, laptop, and television in the hour before going to bed. These devices inhibit healthy sleep and prevent proper melatonin production in your body responsible for rest.
• Try using melatonin supplements, if it’s hard to fall asleep.
• Try going to bed and waking up at the same time.
Spend time with loved ones: Spend time with your friends and family members, talk with them about your feelings, and feel stress-free.
Method 2 of 3
Dealing with anxiety using mental tactics
Confront the source of anxiety you can control: Many different situations can induce fear. It will be helpful if you pin out precisely what might make you anxious and take steps to confront it.
• If your job or finances are causing stress, then you should find a better paying new job.
• Please write down your thoughts can often reveal sources of anxiety you hadn’t yet acknowledged to yourself and give you ideas about how to confront it.
Practice mindfulness meditation: It involves focusing on particular thoughts that make you anxious. It can be an effective way to reduce stress. This technique helps you slow down racing thoughts, let go of negativity and calm your body and mind. This technique will allow your emotions to express themselves and watch it change.
Try visualization: This is a process of clearing your mind of anxiety-inducing thoughts and images and replacing them with peaceful ideas and pictures.
• Turning your thought away from anxiety to peaceful thought and images will calm both your body and mind and prepare you to deal with anxiety.
Method 3 of 3
Deal your Anxiety Medically
Consult a therapist: If you are experiencing chronic anxiety and may have an anxiety disorder, you have to make an appointment with a psychiatrist. Anxiety can manifest as a mental health disorder, such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). Anxiety disorder can lead to a panic attack, deliberating worry.
• Panic attack, extreme social anxiety, and other symptoms can effectively treat by a prescription drug that suits your need.
• Consider anti-anxiety medication if you experience prolonged anxiety that affects your ability to sleep and go about your day for an extended time.
Try Natural Remedy: Certain herbs, teas, and supplements are said to decrease symptoms of anxiety. It can be useful in soothing and calming you.
• Chamomile flower, Withania somnifera, Ginseng. These herbs have anti-depressant property that helps to treat anxiety.
to know more about dealing with depression, click here…